If you are not happy about cookies being stored while browsing the website, you can disable cookies in your browser settings although this will likely have a detrimental effect on your browsing experience of this website.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies that we set on your computer can be identified by the domain name.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use both session (destroyed when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remains when re-opening the website) on our website.
Expiration of Cookies
|_ga||2 years||Analytics – Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Analytics – Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Analytics – Used to throttle request rate.|
|__cfduid||1 year||CDN* – Used to whitelist visitors from security restrictions|
* Content Delivery Network. A CDN is used to improve our websites performance and protect against malicious attacks.
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to analyse the use of our website.
Third party cookies